- Red Hat launches a new iteration of Red Hat OpenShift Platform plus with new features to confine management and storage.
- It is built to provide users with greater consistency and management across hybrid clouds.
Red Hat Inc., a provider of open-source solutions, is launching a new iteration of Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus, introducing new features and capabilities that go beyond the base Kubernetes platform to confine storage, management, and others.
It further expands Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus as a singular Kubernetes platform to span the breadth of enterprise IT scenarios, whether a distributed edge operation, traditional data center or multiple public cloud environments.
As per the vendor, OpenShift Platform Plus is engineered to provide a more consistent foundation for organizations to drive transformational IT standardization.
The newest offering includes the necessary tools to build, protect, and manage applications throughout the software lifecycle and across Kubernetes clusters. These underlying technology updates include:
- OpenShift 4.11
- Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes 2.6
- OpenShift Data Foundation 4.11
OpenShift 4.11, based on Kubernetes 1.24 and CRI-O 1.24 runtime interface, is designed to make it easier to consume enterprise Kubernetes wherever needed across the open hybrid cloud.
The recent version of OpenShift enables organizations to install OpenShift directly from major public cloud marketplaces, including Azure marketplace and AWS marketplace. It provides even more flexibility in how an enterprise chooses to run OpenShift and enables teams of IT to meet dynamic technology requirements better.
The new capabilities and features in Red Hat OpenShift 4.11 include:
- Pod Security admission integration.
- Installer-provisioned infrastructure (IPI) support for Nutanix.
- Additional architectures for sandboxed containers include the ability to run sandboxed containers on AWS and single node OpenShift.
Advanced Cluster Management also provides new integrations with key tools, offering users the flexibility to continue using existing workflows.
OpenShift Data Foundation also offers multicluster monitoring capabilities through Advanced Cluster Management.
For more such latest content on Big Data Click here