- The brands will try to uplift the audiences by using their ads to deliver messages of strength and triumph.
- Super Bowl accounts for 100 million viewers across the U.S and has over 70,000 live audiences at the SoFi Stadium outside Los Angeles.
- NBC the broadcaster of Super Bowl charges $7 million for 30 seconds of commercial time.
Last year, Super Bowl advertisers avoided glamourous and witty ads and respectfully acknowledged the difficult year of COVID-19. With the world gradually returning to normalcy, the brands are returning with the time-tested tactics of big laughs. Brands aim to uplift the audiences with optimistic and funny ads.
The United States has witnessed a decline in cases and few areas have eradicated the mandatory mask rule. Also, the health experts are hopeful that the virus has become more manageable.
Super Bowl on Large Scale
Last year’s game at Tampa, Florida had limited one-third capacity siting but this year Super Bowl will be held at SoFi Stadium outside Los Angeles. It is estimated that there will be 70,000 people at the stadium, returning the stadiums to pre-COVID times.
Across the U.S. Super Bowl accounts for 100 million viewers and brands have the chance to market the products on a large scale this year. Given the popularity of the game, NBC-the broadcaster has charged around $7 million for only 30 seconds of commercial time.
Advertisers get creative
The advertisers are shying away from the mention of COVID-19, however, some of the brands might use the situation for creative purposes. For instance, Budweiser plans to tell the story of one of its trademark Clydesdales recovering from injury.
Last year, Budweiser skipped Super Bowl advertising and instead donated the funds in COVID-19 support and vaccine awareness. This year Budweiser will display the message of hope and resilience for America.
You shouldn’t miss it…
- Amazon will provide the first trailer for its much-awaited “Lord of the Rings” streaming TV series, which will debut on the streaming platform in September.
- Super Bowl will welcome newcomers like cryptocurrency exchanges FTX Trading Ltd and Crypto.com.
- Meta—formerly known as Facebook—will be pitching its Quest 2 VR headset.
Read more to know: WHO warns; Do we need to safeguard from Omicron mutations?