- Apple will soon launch a 5G low-cost iPhone.
- Apple is working on overcoming the global chip shortage issue.
- Apple shares surged by about 0.8% recently.
Somewhere near March, we can expect the iPhone maker company, Apple to launch a 5G iPhone and updated iPad at lower costs. This iPhone is speculated to be the first update for iPhone SE after two years.
The new iPhone will have an improved camera, a faster processor and will support 5G network capabilities.
Apple might delay the launch
Apart from the anticipated iPhone, Apple announced in October that the company is set to launch two new MacBook Pro models that will have more powerful in-house chips. The expected launch is still months away but it might be delayed due to production delay or other changes.
The Apple Chip Chief, Johny Srouji said, “The M1 Max chip uses up to 100 watts less power than other high-end laptop chips, which translates to better battery life.”
There are still no official comments from Apple. The company is currently overcoming the global shortage of chips. Despite this, Apple did record the highest sales in the holiday quarter with profits that surpassed the forecast estimates.
Products to expect from Apple
- MacBook Pro Models:
- Run-on powerful in-house chips called M1 Pro and M1 Max
- 14-inch & 16 inch models ranging from $1,999 and range up to $6,099
- Apple Music streaming service:
- Several new music-related products
- $5-a-month streaming music service with access to the full music catalog
- Apple full service is still priced $10 a month
- 3rd Gen AirPods wireless earbuds
- Sweat and water-resistant best suited for workouts
- Have the same sound features as high-end AirPods Pro
- Will be priced at $179
The accessories and add-ons like Apple AirPods were a big hit amongst the people in the holiday season. Apple has recorded larger sales in these categories. Its home and accessories segment recorded a growth of 25% to $30.6 billion in Apple’s fiscal 2020.